CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Whirlwind Update

I have been getting quite a few e-mails from friends asking me how our camping trip went. I have been meaning to blog about them, but just couldn't seem to get myself in gear. As a matter of fact, I guess I have taken a "blogging vacation" for a while. My hubby is very proud of me since he thinks I am addicted to the computer (well...what would I do without my computer?). To be perfectly honest with you, I have been doing a lot of sleeping...yep, that's right...a lot of sleeping! I guess I have been tired the last couple of weeks, so I have been taking advantage of my vacation time with (and sometimes without...YIPEE!) the boys.

So, to get you all back up to speed, I will attempt to recap the last couple of weeks for you!


We went camping in Easton, WA (on the summit of Snoqualamie) with my parents the week of 8/17 for the whole week in their 5th wheel. Kelly and I have never taken the boys camping, so this was a perfect way to introduce them to it...and it was my way of having a comfy camping trip (minus the dirty tents). God Bless my parents for putting up with my crazy boys (and all the grandkids for that matter...they took each family camping seperately!)!

I wanted to bring our bikes since they are a life saver when Carson needs an outlet for himself. So, when the boys discovered I would be bringing the bikes, they asked if I was bringing daddy's new truck! (new to us, not new to the world...). After explaining that we wouldn't have our cool DVD player OR air conditioning in the truck, I gave into their demands (hmmm...I think they just wanted to see me drive the truck!). So, we had no problems fitting all our stuff into the truck...and I was able to bring my bike as well as theirs!

Camping puts a new spin on the word 'dirty!' The boys were clean when I put them in the truck and we hadn't even arrived at the campground and they were filthy (hmmm...must have been that chocolate popcicle they were eating on the way!). Nana was all prepared with a pan that I could wash the boys in each night before bed. At least that way they were clean when they started their day. Lord knows they needed a bath at the end of it!

Nana and Papa were very generous and fixed all of our yummy meals (the boys loved papa's homemade oatmeal with oranges each morning) and even allowed me to catch up on my sleep at naptimes! We were truly spoiled!













Our campground had a nice little kid's playground and we went there frequently! One morning, we ventured out for what we thought would be a short walk on a trail that said "15 minutes to the lake" and after about an hour of walking, decided we should turn back since we were worried how much longer the boys were going to make it (and we weren't in any condition to be carrying them). Bummer! We really wanted to see that lake!


So, the next morning, the boys and I took a bike ride to see if we could find the lake. Come to find out, we had come very close to it the day before! When we arrived at the lake, we found a great kids play area and a nice grassy picnic area complete with a beach and flush toilets! So, we played for a bit and then had to go back to camp to tell nana and papa about our find! We had to go back later to play in the water, for sure!






The next day, we packed our lunches, bathing suits and lawn chairs...we planned on spending the bulk of the day at the beach! The boys were very excited!









It didn't take long for the boys to get into the water. For about an hour, we were the only ones at the park and on the beach. Slowly, folks joined us and the boys found some friends to play with. Two girls from the Seattle area showed up and they instantly bonded with Carson and Logan. There was this really big round blow up mattress thing that someone had brought and left in the water. They were all over it and had a blast! The girls were wonderful with the boys! They were helping them get up on the mattress and all sorts of things. It was fun to watch them play together!






Carson, Logan and the girls all having fun together!










Logan loved playing with his front loader in the sand and water!
















I helped the boys try to build a sand castle. It didn't work out too well because the sand wasn't wet enough, so Carson thought he would help out with that!












Thanks to nana and papa for taking us all camping! We had a great time and look forward to our trip next year!

(I swear this post toook me days to complete! I'm just going to scream...why does it have to be so difficult sometimes???? ARGH!!)

2 comments:

Dawn Finlayson said...

FINALLY! :) I've been waiting for an update, just like you said everyone has been! Tee Hee. Loved the pictures. Looks like the boys had a great time camping! We'll need to chat soon and catch up.
Hugs.

Angela Clarno said...

I love the wake board pictures!!! Love, me