CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Logan's Last Day of Preschool!

I'm such a terrible blogger!  One minute I am going strong with documenting life and another minute I want nothing to do with it.  Hmmm...guess that's life, huh?  One of my big reasons for blogging is to share stories, pictures and videos with friends and family...especially those that do not live close to us.  So, here I go...let's try this blogging thing again!

Logan's last day of preschool was on Thursday.  I always try to have a small gift for not only teachers, but everyone that impacts my child's life at school (including bus drivers, speech therapists, para educators, etc.,).  So, this is the gift that I came up with for this year.  We bought terra cotta pots and the boys painted them, added soil and chose their flower.  We then stuck a fork in the soil and added a photo with a little note to each person.  Between the two boys, we had 14 of these to make!  When we went to deliver them, everyone was very excited about them and the boys enjoyed giving them.  
School Gifts

Note attached to gift (I just love this 'Dear Teacher' font!)
Logan with Miss Jodie, his teacher
 His preschool did a cute little presentation, including music, receiving of certificates and a cap ceremony for the kidos who were moving onto Kindergarten (not Logan). This is Logan and his classroom singing a song titled, "Love Grows"!  Logan is constantly singing this at home (complete with hand motions as well!


Logan receiving his Certificate
 They even had a special snack for the kids and Logan was waiting sooo patiently for this part (which of course was his FAVORITE!).  I was chatting with Logan about the upcoming party before he went to school.  I explained that I wasn't able to stay for the whole thing because I needed to be home for when Carson gets off the school bus.  I asked Logan if he wanted to come with me when I left or take the bus home.  He says, "Mom, I'm staying at the PARTY!"  Well, of course you are!  Very funny and cute!



Logan just LOVES preschool and will greatly miss his teachers and friends.  Before school was even out, he was already asking "Mom, can I play with _____ this summer?"  So, I whipped up some little cards to give his friends so they could call us for a play date or something.
Carson's last day of Kindergarten is tomorrow, so I will blog about his fun day as well!  He can't wait!


1 comment:

Liliana said...

What a very clever Mama! I love the picture cards and the playdate/keep in touch cards. What a wonderful idea. :) I bet the teachers loved their flower and card, what a wonderful keepsake!