CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Logan's New Room

I finally got the energy to redecorate Logan's room! His room has been the nursery theme (mint green with pastel Winnie the Pooh) ever since he was a baby. And, Logan isn't a baby anymore (will turn 4 years old next month)!! Several months ago, I was checking out stuff at Value Village and I came across all 6 of these pictures and I grabbed them! As a matter of fact, I just went into the store to look for an old microwave to replace a play microwave at daycare that Carson broke (another story) so I didn't even grab a cart! When I saw these prints, I grabbed them as quickly as I could (yes, 6 of them) and I could barely carry them to go grab a cart! But, you know how it is at thrift stores, if you don't grab it when you see it, it might not be there when you get back! It was a pretty funny sight watching me waddle my way to a cart, but darn it, I wasn't putting them down! LOL!! So, then I started looking around the store for other things that might match the prints. Before I knew it, I had a dust ruffle (King size which I altered to be a Queen size), a bedspread (a duvet cover which we'll just use as a bedspread for now), a curtain (another duvet cover, which I altered to become curtains and a cute little pillow sham)! And, the best part??? I spent UNDER $50 for all these items! I was so excited! Unfortunately, his mint green paint in his room just wasn't going to cut it, so his room had to be repainted to this light blue (which I did all by myself!! YAY Mom!).

These pictures are super sturdy...Super sturdy is what we need in our house!

After I painted, I went around the room and stamped these transportation themed vehicles onto the wall (I already had the stamps, so no money spent there!) Aren't they cute??
Here are the altered curtains! I had to use a spring loaded curtain rod because Logan has a track history of pulling the curtains down (yep, nails in the wall and all!...holes in the wall don't make momma too happy)

We still have Logan's crib in his room (converted to a daybed) which he still sleeps in until he quits wetting the bed (much easier to wash crib sheets, etc., than a queen size bed full of sheets, mattress cover, etc). It's in his room in case we have any guests who are brave enough to sleep in Logan's room with him!

I was super excited with how the room turned out! Logan was excited too! Now let's hope that Logan can take care of it! (a mommy can hope, right??)

1 comment:

Liliana said...

What a fabulous find at Value Village. Great job Kari, the room looks awesome! I am sure Logan loves it.