CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 1, 2010

Celebrating Carson's Birthday

WOW...this weekend was a super busy weekend!  Not only was it Halloween, it was also Grandma Marla's 60th birthday and Carson's 6th birthday!  Since we had such a busy Saturday (Carson's actual birthday), he chose to have a family celebration on Halloween! 

After we went trick-or-treating (of which I will blog more about later), Carson got to open a present from Grandma/pa Mitchell...his very own Woody doll! (which he was quite excited about!...THANK YOU grandma/pa!)  Logan got a Jessie doll for his birthday and they both got a bunch of Toy Story 3 toys at their birthday party, so now they are ready for a real PARTY!!

Proud Carson with his Woody doll
He also got to pick a special treat to have for his birthday celebration...and Carson wanted me to bake him a "Cars" cake.  After explaining that fancy cakes are for birthday parties (isn't that sad...I wouldn't figure out how to make him a Cars cake), I convinced him that I could bake him a checkerboard cake, which he thought was pretty cool!  Of note, when I turned 18 years old, I made this very cake for my birthday!  Pretty nostalgic, huh (there was even a note in the cake tin box in my own writing how to convert semisweet chocolate to cocoa powder)??
Happy 6th Birthday sweetie!

Checkerboard Cake...pretty cool, huh??

It tastes pretty yummy too!
This morning, Carson told me that he wanted to have a tea party with Woody and Jessie.  I asked him if he could use mommy's coffee cups (the ones that wouldn't bother me if they got broke) and he says "NO, I want the fancy cups!!" (and he knew right where they were, too!).  So, out came my deceased grandmother's (both grandmothers, as a matter of fact) tea cups and tea serving sets (as I explained that I would cry if these got broke...heaven forbid you make your own mother cry!!).  And then he decided that a lit candle was necessary to set the 'mood'!  How cute is that??  We've NEVER had a tea party and Carson had a lot of fun having one with his new buddies!


Carson drinking the yummy pretend tea!

Woody and Jessie having some tea with Carson!
Year after year, I always forget that October starts the busy holiday season in our home.  We have lots of family birthdays in October and the hustle and bustle of gift giving and receiving begins.  Then comes Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas!  There is only 55 days left until CHRISTMAS!!  How much shopping have YOU done??  I'm about 3/4 DONE!!  WOOHOO!!

No comments: