CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July starts off with a BANG!!!

Why are weekends just pure HELL? I thought weekends were supposed to be about spending time together as a family, sleeping in, cuddling with my husband lying next to me in bed, slowly waking up with a newspaper and my favorite vanilla latte, having the kids wake up while I am sipping my latte...of course, very excited to see me and ask " Is today a stay at home day mom? What fun activity do we get to do today?". OK, maybe I live in a dream world of my "non reality" but hey, you can at least dream, right?

Well...this is SO NOT my reality TODAY! Hubby sleeps on the couch, both boys woke up at 5:30am and I had to remind them that the sun (on their nite lite) was not up yet...it comes up at 5:45am (I am desperately trying to get them to sleep in a bit later)!

The morning starts off with a bang (and how appropriate is that given that it is the 4th of July?)! Logan ends up in his room after I reminded him to use his words instead of whining! It wasn't long before Carson was also in his room after having a fit over mommy not getting him the "right" sippy lid!

Can I please have my cup of coffee...PLEASE?

I eventually get them to start our morning routine of getting dressed (and OMG...you are so wearing your SPIO suits today), brushing teeth and taking vitamins and medicine while daddy was trying to catch a few more zzzz's! FINALLY they can go outside to play while I fix them so pancakes...and it isn't even 6:45am yet! (I sure hope our new neighbors are gone for the holiday weekend...a bitter awakening to say the least!). As you can imagine, it didn't take long for Logan to come in crying cause brother hit him! Oh but the silence in the house when they are outside...is AMAZING!

The boys eventually eat breakfast and go right back outside! Now they are loading up anything and everything into the back of daddy's very old pickup truck (Carson and Logan think this is THEIR play toy)! Carson screams into the house about something traumatic and promptly throws the hammer in his hand onto the floor (for which he loses tool privileges)...back in his room! After cool off in his room, we convinced him to sit down and watch some Curious George. I turn on the TV and find out that our Curious George episodes are no longer there (Comcast was just out the day before giving us a new box...looks like we continue to have problems)! Are you kidding me? It's only 8am and I am already to have the day end!

I then moved onto plan B (or is it plan F by now?) and suggest that we all go to the gym. (Thank you to 24 hour fitness for not only having the gym open but the Kids Club open...ON A HOLIDAY!). I send the boys to their rooms to get their socks...before I know it they are both messing around in Carsons' room! Doesn't anyone have their listening ears on? More fits ensue and now they are both in their rooms with the doors shut! Carson gets his socks on and then comes out of his room and goes outside (fine by me!). I now work on getting Loans socks on and before I know it, Carson is outside banging on Loans bedroom window with a CROWBAR! Can I cry yet? I finally get the boys in the car and tell hubby will wait foe him in the car. He can't find amy shorts...off I go to help him. He finally gets in the van and we promptly start arguing! Door opens and hubby gets out! Off we go to the gym without daddy! I'm telling you...we ARE going to the gym..this may be my only solitude today! So here I am...sitting on the exercise bike blogging and listening to Pandora.com music....boy, how did I survive "PRE Blackberry"? I can ride forever doing this!

My friend Carrie Fannin always says that SPD isn't for sissies! But sometimes I want to throw my hands up with my white flag...and SURRENDER!

Here's to hoping your 4th is a BANG for different reasons than mine! And here's also to hoping we have a better rest of the day!

And don't worry...I will NEVER stop dreaming!

P.S....We arrived home from the gym and I gave hubby a super big hug and said, "We've gotta stick together honey!" He said, "You mean 'US' against 'THEM'?" "ABSOLUTELY!" Love you honey! Thank goodness for dates...we have one set up for tomorrow! WHEW...do you think we can make it until then?

P.S.S...I later learned that there was a full moon this weekend. Has anyone ever experienced wild kids in their homes with a full moon? Hmmm...kinda makes you think!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hope your afternoon/evening is going better than your morning went. Hang in there!!!!