CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

What does Logan + a baseball glove + a floor lamp have in common??

What does Logan + a baseball glove + a floor lamp have in common??

A fire potential!!

 This morning, the boys and I went to the gym (they went to the Kid's Club and I went to workout).  We left in a bit of a hurry to get there on time and left a few lights on in the house (dad was asleep in the back bedroom, so I wasn't too worried about it).  When we came back from the gym, we walked in the back door and immediately noticed that the family room, kitchen, dining room and playroom were filled with smoke!  YIKES!  What's up with that?  I immediately went to the oven and checked to see if it was on...nope, not on!  I then walked into the playroom and noticed that one of our tall floorlamps was on.  I had a sneaky suspicion that that lamp was the culprit.  I walked over to the lamp and pulled it down so I could look at the bulb.  On top of the lamp was a baseball glove!  Yep, it was sitting right on top of the light bulb itself and parts of the glove were charred like burned bacon!  YIKES...that could have easily caused our house to burn down!  I had seen Logan playing with the glove the day before and instantly knew that he was the culprit!  The little stinker threw the glove on top of the light...what was he thinking?  Well, obviously he WASN'T thinking...he's 3 for goodness sake!

We did however learn a very valuable lesson during this fiasco!  We discovered that our smoke detectors did not work!  YIKES!  How did that happen?  They will be replaced this week.

Logan learned a valuable lesson about fire hazards and what could happen when you throw things on top of lamps!

I'm very thankful that this was just a learning lesson in life.  It could have been disastrous...our house could have caught on fire and I could have lost my husband (who was asleep at the time).  Thank God everyone and everything is OK.

Have YOU checked your smoke detectors lately??


1 comment:

Kendra Rosenau said...

Oh no! I'm glad it didn't cause a fire. We do have to change batteries in all our detectors.