CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Conversation with Babysitter's Mom

So, I decided that I had to talk to our baby sitter's mom. Since I wasn't able to say a kind word to the girls face and I was still fuming about yesterday...I called her mom instead! I almost let it go, but then I realized that it was my job to keep this girl from caring for other kids. If something were to happen to another family and I didn't do my part to stop it...what kind of a mom am I?

So, after explaining my observations, thoughts, feelings and many frustrations about the crappy babysitting that occurred yesterday, she spoke to her daughter. Later in the evening I got a call back from her mom.

"My daughter states a completely different story from yours. She said that she was constantly with the boys."

"Really? And did she change Logan's diaper prior to nap time?"

"Yes, she said she changed it at least 3 times. I have to believe a 15 year old over a 4 year old! So, looks like this is not a good fit for my daughter!"

"Yep...that would be correct! I understand that you need to take your daughter's side in this issue. Maybe we have different views on what appropriate childcare is? This is not what I call quality childcare. I will be using different childcare in the future. Take care!"

Well...that wasn't how I thought the conversation was going to go! I honestly thought her mom was going to make her come pick up my house AND give me my money back! Oh well...I did my part! I hope she isn't taking care of other young children! ARGH!!! What can you do? Hubby wants to call the police!...Hmmmm. Does this worrying about your kids ever end?

I'm off to bed! Is this week almost over?

I have one last day of work and then it's the "George Girls Shopping Day" on Saturday! I'm looking forward to some adult conversation, lunch and dinner OUT and a nice relaxing foot massage (maybe...not sure how that's going to feel on my leg!). Wish me luck!

Sleep well...I know I will!

1 comment:

Dawn Finlayson said...

At least you did your part (by calling the Mom). Now you can just let it go. I hope you have an awesome day with the George girls!!! You deserve it!