CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 8, 2009

My dear Logan!

I always feel bad when I spend very little time talking about Logan on my blog. Well...there are reasons for that! Carson is my huge behavior child and so I spend a lot of time trying to problem solve what to do with Carson. Please do not take this the wrong way, but Carson is the child who makes me cry (a lot) and Logan is the child who makes me laugh! Now, that is a HUGE generalization and sure, there are times when that scenarios flip itself.

Logan is a lot like myself! He is always checking on mom ("You happy mommy?") and asks if he can help me ("Need help mommy?"). He even helps me do the dishes and the laundry. For the most part, Logan truly just wants to be with you. He is also my snuggler...Lord knows I like good snuggles (when I can slow down long enough to enjoy them)! I totally get Logan!

Carson is a lot like his father! And...to this day I am still trying to figure out his father! Needless to say, there are many many times that 'I don't get' Carson! I struggle with his behavior and how to handle it. Many nights have gone by with me lying in bed awake trying to figure Carson out.

Despite these differences...I love both boys just the same! I love them both in different ways...but I love them both!

Then there was this morning...

When Logan is put to bed, his door is shut. This is partly done because he gets up so doggone early in the morning. Most mornings he is up by 5am and he quietly (for the most part) plays in his room. However, the last couple of mornings have been different. On Saturday morning, he awoke at 3am and this morning, he awoke at 4:45am! Not only did he wake up, but he figured out how to open his door! And then proceeded to go wake up Carson! LOVELY!

So, this morning I awoke to Carson and Logan playing together in Carson's room! They really were behaving themselves nicely. They were not being loud, they were just enjoying each other. It is 4:45am...you've got to be kidding me! I am lying in bed trying to wake myself up! I need to get up and take a shower...but don't really feel like it! However, since the boys were playing so nicely together, I really should hurry...things can change very quickly!

My typical morning rituals include getting up, showering, getting dressed and hopefully making it out to the kitchen for a cup of coffee...in solitude! If I am able to do that prior to the boys waking up...I have achieved success! Funny how our definition of 'success' changes through the years, huh? I enjoy my ritual for a couple of reasons:

1) I really enjoy the peace and quiet.

2) If I have myself together and have drank a cup of coffee, I am better able to take the day (and the boys) head on!

So, back we go to this morning...the boys are already up...and are expending a lot of energy already! I am still in bed trying to sleep! The last thing I want to do is to wake up! But I MUST! If I'm not awake, then my boys can walk all over me! You think I'm joking? Really, they can walk all over me!

Mondays are always a bit brutal in the morning as well. We just had a nice weekend together as a family (these are 'stay at home days' per the boys). As much as we try to continue the same types of routines as we normally do during the week, things are just different! When Monday morning rolls around, the boys are in shell-shock! They don't want to be going back to daycare/preschool...and they certainly don't want to be rushing out the door! So yeh, Mondays are hard for us! Then you add getting up at 4:45am on top of it being a Monday...and mom not getting her cup of coffee prior to dealing with the boys? You can pretty much count on it...it's not going to be a great morning!

So, we all ventured out to the family room. I gave the boys a 10 minute warning before we began our 'morning routine.' What could possibly go wrong in those 10 minutes? Well...a lot! Both boys are whining for milk. Carson is also whining for Curious George. Then Logan decides to pour himself some cereal for breakfast...Carson runs over to Logan screaming because "those are my lucky charms!" Logan then proceeds to spill the entire contents of the bowl on the floor...including the milk! And let me remind you...I still haven't had my cup of coffee yet.

I eventually tell them that I need to have 10 minutes to myself. The boys couldn't leave me alone...it was 'mommy' this and 'mommy' that! Finally...I had had enough...and it was only 5:30am! I finally decided to put them both back in their rooms so I could at least drink my cup of coffee! Remember? Haven't had my cup of coffee yet! I walked back down the hall listening to their screams...then shut the hallway door behind me.

Ah...silence is truly golden! I sat down to my computer and my nice cup of hot coffee! Ah...I'm enjoying this! 10-15 minutes go by and I decide to go get the boys out of there room!

I'm walking down the hall when I discover that Logan's not in his room! He's in Carson's room! WHAT??? Logan opened his door...AGAIN! And, he's opened Carson's door as well! Nothing like inviting yourself over, huh? I open Carson's door and proceed to get him dressed. I then go into Logan's room to get his clothes. Low and behold...what do I find? But Logan's dresser completely pulled over onto the floor! OMG! Are you kidding me??? Really? ARGH!!! LOGAN, you are killing me, here!

Believe it or not, we finally do make it out of the house and to daycare!

Tonight I had a long chat with the boys about staying in their rooms in the morning. I ended up bribing Logan before he went to bed! "If you stay in your room tomorrow morning until mommy comes to get you...mommy's gonna get a surprise for you!" Hmmm...you can see his brain at work. I told him "that mommy will give him 5 Marshmallows if he can stay in his room in the morning!" I see a sparkle in Logan's eyes! Hmmm...hope this bribery thing works! Wish me luck!


This is what happens when you wake up at 4:45am...you get tired! Gotta love him, huh?

Sleep well...I know I will!

1 comment:

Dawn Finlayson said...

All my whining about my hard day, and you had one, too!!! Aren't we quite the pair! Hopefully the boys slept in a little better for you today. Talk to you later - maybe see you at daycare again???
Dawn