CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rug Burn

Could this day get any worse? Today was NOT a good day for anyone...Carson, Logan and myself. I stayed up way too late last night posting to my blog and doing other things. I have been enjoying the quiet house so much after I put the boys to bed, I get a bit carried away with productivity. So, needless to say, I was a bit grumpy myself today since I didn't get enough sleep last night.

We had Logan's speech therapy appointment and Carson's occupational therapy appointment this morning. No matter what we did, all I had was a couple of whining and bickering/fighting little boys. They were driving me nuts! Needless to say, I couldn't get them out the door fast enough to get them to daycare. Logan fell asleep on the way to daycare, which worked perfect since his classroom was already napping when we arrived. I just laid him down on his mat and out he was.

Carson was a different story. We walked into his classroom and one of his classmates walks up to say hi to Carson and Carson immediately punches him in the belly. LOVELY! Sorry, Ms. Helen and Ms. Julie, but I gotta go to my 1 pm appointment. We had a tough morning and I suspected they had a tough afternoon. What do you do? I can't just keep him home...I had to make it to my appointment...and honestly, I needed a break (and a nap!) before I tackled the evening shift with both boys (without my hubby home)!

So, I get my break and nap and have a nice phone conversation with my friend Angela and I am ready to pick up the boys at daycare. I go to Logan's classroom and get him, sign him out, etc., I turn around and there is Carson in the hallway...not really sure what is happening. Did he run out of his classroom? Is he with a teacher? He quickly runs up to me and 'informs' me that he is going to the front desk to get crackers. I explain that we still need to go to his classroom, sign him out and gather his stuff...then we go to the front desk to get crackers. Well, apparently Carson decided that I was wrong...and he takes off running to the front desk. I realize that he has bolted and take off quickly running after him (trying to catch him or his shirt..doesn't matter to me!). I'm not sure what happened next! I either tripped over Carson or myself??? But next I know I am flying through the air and land with my right hand sprawled out in front of me...and my hand runs along the nice bur bur carpeting...and gives me a lovely rug burn on my hand! OMG...that hurt...BAD! I stand up and I am almost in tears because my hand hurts so bad! Did I catch him? Oh no, he has now bolted back down the hallway into the rainbow room, then the green room. There were multiple teachers in his path and he was never stopped! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I took one look at one of the teachers and said, "If Carson runs through here, you are to STOP him!" I go the opposite way...still trying to catch him! SERIOUSLY??? I am chasing my 4 year old through daycare and no one is helping me? I finally capture him, grab him by the arm and tell him that under no uncertain terms, he is to go sit on the circle mat and he is NOT TO MOVE UNTIL I SAY MOVE! My hand is killing me. I take a quick look at my hand and it has now blistered! Yep, I may as well have spilt burning bacon grease on my hand because that's what it felt like! Needless to say, I was PISSED and everyone around me knew it! We eventually walked to the front desk and someone asks me if I am OK. "Nope," I said and walked out! So much for getting myself calm before I came to pick up the boys...that calmness was quickly GONE in a matter of seconds!

I put the boys in the car and told them very point blank "if you decide to not have your listening ears working tonight that I'm not going to mess around. They were going to receive NO WARNINGS! If they do no listen, they will immediately go to bed!" I think they heard me very loud and clear.

I proceeded to put the keys in the car and drive off...now I am in tears! Sometimes life feels a bit too out of control! And...OMG...my hand hurts!

Daddy...come home soon!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Kari, I'm so sorry that you had such a rough day yesterday! I am crossing my fingers that today has been better. How is your hand? And I hope you're going to be speaking to daycare about your escape artist and them not helping you. Didn't they realize he wasn't in the classroom? Hmm... Unfortunately, I won't be around tonight to chat. Perhaps tomorrow? Hugs!

Liliana said...

Wow, what a day! I hope everyone is better now. Sorry to hear you had such a hard day. Things can only get better, right? I hope your hand is healing. I just can't believe no one was helping! That is a problem. Take care. :)

Anonymous said...

Gramma is sorry to hear about your hand. I hope it heals quickly and without too much pain. Love you..