CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Conversations with a 4 year old


A conversation with Carson this evening goes like this:

"Carson, I'd like you to take a bath or a shower tonight."

"OK, mom!" "I have a bath at my work. It has a shower bath."

"Oh really? Who works at your work?"

"Charly, Tommy, Frankie and Carson!" (his imaginary friends)

"What do you do at work?"

"I play games and I build stuff...I build bird houses! I WANNA build bird houses!"

"So, tell me more about work."

"I take a shower at work...and play...and play with toys at work."

"Do you get paid to work?"

"Uh., uhh, uhh, no. I go to the store sometime. I buy bananas, 'cause I love bananas. I go there after I go night night...to buy my bananas."

"Why do you do that?"

"'Cause I want to. We do that cause we want to."

"When we run out of bananas, we run out of bananas, then we go to the store. We buy ones with no dots and yes dots on them. Yep, I buy those ones."

"Which ones are your favorite?"

"Ones with dots. Charly, Tommy and Frankie like no dots on their bananas. I like the dots."

"Hey, carson...thanks for telling me about work."

"You're welcome"


Another conversation (just mere moments from previous one):


scene: Carson runs to the bathroom and he's sitting on the toilet as I am cleaning up the dinner dishes.

"Mom, come look at my poopoo."

"No carson, i don't want to look at your poop!"

"Come on mom, you gotta see it."

"Why do I have to see it?"

"'Cause it's black and white"

"Oh really? OK....I'm on my way."

"Mom, hurry..."

"Yep, you are right Carson...it's black and white."

"Why?"

"Sometimes our poopoo doesn't always look the same. It's ok."

"OK mom."

I walk away...

"Hugs and kisses, mom!"

"OK"...walk back. "Hugs and kisses"

"I love you, mommy!" (big hug and kiss)

How's that for an evening full of conversation? Sometimes you have to take it how you get it.

1 comment:

Dawn Finlayson said...

That is so funny! Just this weekend Ben also had me examine his poop. Oh, what we mothers must do! How come they didn't warn us about these "other duties as assigned" before we got pregnant???? Still laughing....

Oh, tell Carson I also don't like the dots on my bananas! :)